Friday, August 11, 2017

It's time to Selfie with the girls

It's Selfie month here at Imaginarium.

I've set the team a challenge to Scrap Their Selfies and they have
done an incredible job!

I am one of those people that cringes at the thought of doing a layout about myself so this was a bit of a challenge for me. I chose a photo that shows how awkward I am when I take a selfie. I can never get the face right!! LOL I have layered a whole lot of chipboard on this layout. I used up some bits of the 6"x6" Morrocan shape that I had leftover. Some of the chipboard pieces I coloured white with a Posca Pen while the others I sprayed with Kaiser mist in Wisteria and then added some Seedless Preserves Distress Ink over the top for depth of colour.


Chitose has created this gorgeous page featuring herself and her child

 The theme for the DT this month is "Me" where we have to create a project that includes a selfie and journalling about ourselves!! What a great idea!! Crafters often use photos of other family members but we need to remember to scrap ourselves every now and then (although I must admit the journalling part was hard). 
I created this page - inspired by techniques I learnt at an amazing class by the lovely and talented Lisa Oxley.  I created my background using the fun Dina Wakley paints and Dylusions paints (purple). I used a palate knife to paint the colours onto my page - I love this effect and I love that it is easy to clean (no washing paint brushes!!). When the paint was dry I added some fun stamps (Paper Artsy and Carabelle Studio) with black Archival ink. 
Whenever I'm creating with paint I always have a spare sheet of cardstock that I use up any leftover paint. Then I also stamp on this and cut up to use on my project as well.
I painted most of my chipboard with black gesso (Liquitex is my favourite). But as I was putting my page together I needed some extra chipboard so I used my paint pens to colour them - this was a fabulous way to colour chipboard and there was NO MESS!! I used a black paint pen on an extra flower and then I used a white paint pen to write over a black gesso'd word - the coverage was amazing!! Now I need more colours lol! 
I matted my photo on some book paper (actually an old dictionary!!).
I added some hand drawn lines around the outside of the page using a Fude Ball journalling pen - I love how it finishes and frames the page.
I added a little cluster at the bottom of the page with the "Happy" definition cut out of the old dictionary









So this month it's all about me - I could get used to this normally it's all about my hubby or my three year old!!! So as most of you know I don't do many actual scrapbooking layouts so for this month I have done a 8 x 10 "selfie" canvas! I took inspiration from from the mexican sombrero and obviously me being a bit cheeky in the photo. The mask I used for the background is actually a wall stencil for use with air brushing not for use with pastes due to the level of detail. Turned out okay phew!!! Now for the chipboard, I have used the new Colour Blast shimmer cubes in tangereen dream for the word Fancy Face and then over the top applied glossy accents (primed first with translucent gesso). I actually raised the word up with some black foam tape as lying flat on the canvas didn't have enough impact in my opinion. For the flourishes I have applied a double coat of snow white embossing powder. 
We also needed to journal!!! So I wrote a couple things lucky I only had limited space!!!
The paper is Graphic 45 - Steampunk Spells and skull was done in deep ocean colour blast paste then sprayed with perfect pearls.
Technically my first attempt at mixed media on my own. So if I can do it so can you, now go and get your chipboard on!!




Wow ... what awesome projects!

Thanks for sharing team!
xxx

1 comment: