Monday, October 23, 2017

Chipboard + Glow in the Dark Glitter = Halloween Tags!!!!

Happy Halloween Everyone!!!

I know we don't really celebrate All Hallows Eve in Australia but I just couldn't resist the urge to create some Halloween Tags! To be honest they were a real challenge which surprised me as I was thinking this would be a theme which would come naturally to me.

You can see a brief description below each picture around how I used the chipboard.





This is my feminine Halloween tag for that special white witch among us! I have used Colour Blast snow white embossing powder on the chipboard flourish. As I didn't have a mini witches broom lying around I made one with a small tree branch and some stuff called "wood wool" which I found at a discount store!



This is my ghoulish tag where I have created a shaker type of tag using the chipboard frame and some acetate to create the shaker element with eyes floating around!! This was a really fun and challenging tag! (Apologies for the reflection in the acetate).






 Don't you love the witches hat casually placed on the fence! So for the fence I used "aged silver" embossing powder but only melted it in some places and left just a little un-melted in other areas which is why you can see what looks like little beads! Over the top I applied some moss to make it look eerie!!







 And lastly is my "poison" tag with "glow in the dark glitter"!!! I came across in my chipboard stash one of the frames which had been cut in half (who knows where the other half was).  It frames the little poison bottle perfectly! I purchased the glitter over five years ago on a shopping trip and had never used it until now! It looks much better in the dark than the photo indicates but you get the idea!




In addition to the chipboard I used a lot of different distress inks, Colour Blast colour paste & embossing powder, the cardstock was Tim Holtz Laboratorie paper, as well as the matching rub-ons and masks.

Trick or Treat!!!

Keep Creating!
Wendy 


Chipboard Used












No comments:

Post a Comment